Monday, May 21, 2012

This is the Final Countdown! dun dun dun :)

Less than 24 hours till STAGING! Then AFRICA!!!!

I would like to thank EVERYONE who attended my 'Going Away Bash!!' I enjoyed the company and spending one of my last few days in Michigan/ the US surrounded by friends and family. I hope you enjoyed celebrating my new adventure in life. I would also like to thank those who gave me cards, letters, and gifts. :) I also hope you enjoyed the food BIG BIG BIG thanks to my parents for opening their home and cooking/ prepping/ cleaning/ and everything else they did (giving me life, supporting me, not telling me 'NO' too often when I wanted to do something ridiculous). I helped them out where I could with the preparations, cooking, and cleaning but they are like ninjas and move too quickly! I hope they enjoy the clock I gave them set in 'Uganda Time' so they don't call me at 4 in the morning and expect me to be happy when they do :p

Song: Leaving On A Jet Plane - John Denver

This song seems fitting... for tomorrow morning anyway. This is my last day at home :( but I'm also feeling very :) EXCITED... which is an understatement. Right now it kind of feels like I'm sitting in a roller coaster before the ride even starts... you're a tad nervous yet excited at the same time and you just can't wait for it to pull you in all sorts of directions depending on the already determined track... except.... my track isn't determined I can't even imagine what ANYTHING will be like so.... we'll just have to wait and seeeeeeeeee.

I still have a few things to do today; have lunch with my grandma & grandpa, call my banks and let them know I will be using my card overseas so they won't think I'm stealing my own identity and put a lock on my account (that would be baaaaaad), get some ice cream (who wouldn't?), hopefully play one last legit game of 'Settlers of Catan' (before I'm forced to make my own janky board in Uganda), and generally hang out with my puppy, parents/ family, and good friends. (Plus watching Breaking Dawn with my mother in celebration of her finishing the 4th book.... yeah that's right I read Twilight and my mom did too :p )


So here is to my last day home (at my parents house) for 27 months! I will soon have a new home in Uganda but will not forget this one... I believe in this situation and others a person can have more than one 'home.' Truth.

*Cheers!*

P.S. My phone is being disconnected after today... finally... maybe I'll throw it against a wall with my stored up feelings of joy (and sweep up the pieces of course). So the best way to contact me for now is e-mail or by commenting on the blog or facebook. I may not have internet access for some time... and I have NO idea what my situation will actually be like when I get there with internet/ phone n such. Updates on that later.... if I have internet :p

No comments:

Post a Comment