Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mice for sale!

Lets play a game: So I have a roommate... a couple actually, and they all just happen to be a couple inches long and A) like to stick to my walls and eat bugs or B) run around on the 'rafters' and tin roof while their poop drops all over the place. Can you guess what they are? I'll let you ponder it for a bit...

I've been busy moving in... painting over my pale yellow walls into a beautiful custom teal color that I got bored and mixed myself. I am also getting furniture custom made at one of the local carpenter shops! I have a furniture guy in town who gives me fair prices... good connection to have. I haven't been able to get a propane cylinder yet for my stove due to a shortage in town so I have been cooking on a charcoal stove (sigiri). Last night I kind of ran out of coal... so I had to scavenge for wood in order to finish boiling my drinking water! Very important! Then I almost ran out of wood cooking my dinner! Bummer. But I ate a warm meal no worries! Walked my 30 minutes to town and got some more charcoal along with a bucket to filter my water... a fresh pineapple, eggs, and g-nuts (peanuts).
My internet time is almost up but I miss you all and should be traveling to Kabale (near the boarder of Rwanda) this weekend hopefully to celebrate the youth in Uganda! Maybe I'll get to meet the president again like I did during homestay... heck yes. Shall be fun times!

I found Zucchini!

P.S. before you completely go crazy I live with mice and geckos. But funny story... all I have to do to get them to quiet down at 3am, 3:05am, 3:20am, and so on is MEOW! So I did this about... maybe 15 times last night. Lame. Someone get me a capa! (Cat)

No comments:

Post a Comment