Monday, February 13, 2012

Invitation Kit!

My invitation unexpectedly came in the mail Friday since my toolkit said it was mailed on the 8th! Officially going to Uganda for Economic Development in May! So blue... so amazing... and finally in my hands!!!

I've been too exhausted to update my blog with all the excitement and reading I've been doing. The invitation kit is filled with all types of goodies: Congratulations letter, Volunteer Handbook, A booklet for family member and friends, an 'adjustment' handbook, my lovely Yellow Fever Vaccination fact sheet, five folders labeled: Passport and Visa,  Domestic Connections, Resume and Personal Papers, Finance and Insurance, and Staging Materials. On top of all that there is an online handbook for my specific country (Uganda) and an online Welcome Book and last but not least an Express Envelope to send information back. :)

The way the Invitation Kit works is you have 7 days to go through the kit, read all the information/ handbooks/online handbooks and then respond if you are going to Accept or Decline the invitation. If they don't hear from you within 7 days they assume you decline and offer the position to someone else.

After you accept it seems like they give you further instructions on the folders (visa, resume, finances, etc) and how to properly fill them out/ when they need to be sent in by. A few weeks before Staging you are sent another packet from what I understand as well.

My mind is blown right now with all this information and processing! I am almost done with my handbook and after I read that... I will be officially accepting the invitation! Its so exciting!

I don't have anything specific I've learned.... except that Uganda sounds A-mazing! and looks amazing according to Google Earth :p


No comments:

Post a Comment