Friday, February 3, 2012

Where are we going?

Todays the day!!! Well actually yesterday was. About 6pm I get on the computer and check my e-mail... expecting... nothing new. I thought wrong!

Earlier in the day I had my mom send a fax out for me. I received a confirmation e-mail from the Peace Corps (PC) at about 8:30am stating that they got my papers .... well that sure was quick. To catch everyone up...I've been having trouble getting my medical paperwork from my doctors office. I was supposed to get a copy of something 2 weeks ago. Still have not received it. The only paperwork I had completed was a doctors note/ recommendation and my own personal statement. I'm sick of waiting for this paperwork... not just that but I'm sick of this year long struggle with the medical process (I suppose good things happen to those who wait). So I sent those two off to the medical office. Hoping that if they see the doctors positive recommendation.... they won't need anything else.... BINGO! A few hours later another e-mail from the PC! This time stating that I'm not only medically cleared (YAY!) But... that they found a program for me! Already!!! (I'm still 'giddy' from the news). I'm more excited now.... then I was when I graduated college (...eh...it's more like a 50/50 toss up) But I wasn't ready to leave such an amazing time in my life! Then again I didn't really have a plan and I was still struggling with my medical paperwork so I was scared about losing the 'but I'm a college student' excuse. But I feel like 50lbs just lifted off my shoulders and I know I'm going to be doing SOMETHING!


Michelle,

I am happy to inform you that you have received medical clearance and I have identified a program for you.  Congratulations for completing the final phase of the application process. The details:

Assignment: Environmental Education
Region: Sub-Saharan Africa
Departure: May 22nd

You whould receive the invitation in 5 – 7 business days after I receive confirmation that these details work for you.  Please let me know if you have any additional questions about Peace Corps service. 
  
Sincerely,

Karen
The best e-mail I think I've ever read! THANK YOU KAREN FOR MAKING MY LIFE BETTER!

I suppose its a good idea to start a documentation of... well... the next few years of my life. Since it will be hard to keep in touch with and track of so many friends/family members separately. Plus maybe a few new people that I can inspire will join me on my little adventure.

So... my blog... here we go! I hope its entertaining/ enjoyable/ fun/ and absolutely flippin' A+mazing!

(first post... over and out....)









1 comment:

  1. You and I had the same placement officer. That makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete